Expanding the possibilities for the next generation of technological innovators
Get ready to discover your passion for technology. If you are a student going into grade 12 who is curious, interested, or has a passion for science, technology engineering, or mathematics, this is the internship for you.
The Future Tech internship is a seven-week program from July 3 to August 17, 2018 that will have you working alongside Nokia engineering teams solving real, technical problems. Over the course of the summer, you will contribute to meaningful work while receiving support and valuable lessons from a Nokia Future Tech mentor. You will discover new possibilities and skills that will help you make an impact on the future of technology.
Are you ready to become a member of the Nokia Ottawa team?
The application process to become a Future Tech intern is now open.
We are waiting for you to join our program if you:
- Are a high school student who will be entering grade 12 in the fall of 2018
- Have a proven ability to work in a team environment (including extracurricular activities)
- Are interested in exploring the world of high tech and have a willingness to learn new things quickly and to be challenged
- Have a keen interest in computer science, computer engineering, software and hardware development
- Have an expected average of 75% in grade eleven
- Are registered in two of the following grade 12 courses: Physics, Chemistry, Advanced Functions, Calculus and Vectors, Computer Science, Biology, Earth and Space Science, Computer Engineering Technology, and Manufacturing Engineering Technology.
- Are legally able to work in Canada
- Are fluent in English
And, of course you should be available for the whole duration of the program in our Ottawa campus – from July 3rd to August 17th 2018.
Join us and kick off your career
- Learn from Nokia Future Tech mentors while you work on solving real, technical problems and shape your future
- Future Tech interns will be paid $15 per hour
- "Lunch and Learns" to learn more about the working world
Are you ready?
If you are interested in becoming a Future Tech intern, please send a 1 minute video application to Future.Tech@nokia.com. Please also attach your most recent report card and list of grade 12 courses (don’t waste your video time discussing these). The deadline to apply is March 9th 2018. Get creative with your video and show us why you want to be a Future Tech intern and how you would be a great fit for the job!
Meet our people
Joining the Nokia team is a uniquely enriching opportunity to jump-start anyone's career in tech. Along with networking, my internship allowed me to ask critical questions to panelists and peers to discover my future goals, and ultimately taught me how to shape my education and applications to get the most out of my degree, while appealing to hiring managers. Above all, the ability to decide how I tackled each project, along with the exceptional support of a mentor, facilitated a far more in-depth and rapid learning process than a classroom environment has ever provided, with skills that will carry over into my future endeavors.