7750 Service Router Mobile Gateway
Deliver the next generation of enhanced mobile broadband services with exceptional performance and scale
The 7750 SR mobile gateway is a high-capacity, flexible, router-based gateway that is optimized to deliver enhanced mobile broadband services with exceptional performance and scale. It performs the following mobile gateway functions:
- User Plane Forwarding Function (UPF) in 5G networks
- Serving and Packet Data Network gateway (SGW/PGW) in 4G networks
- GPRS Gateway Serving Node (GGSN) in 2G/3G networks
- Non-3GPP Interworking Function (N3IWF) in 5G untrusted networks
- Trusted wireless access gateway (TWAG) for 3GPP trusted access networks
- Evolved Packet Data Gateway (ePDG) for untrusted non-3GPP networks
- Subscriber Services Gateway (SSG) for value-added, integrated IP services
5G User Plane Forwarding
To meet the performance for 5G high-bandwidth applications, the 7750 SR Mobile Gateway provides the throughput capacity and packet processing that is needed with its in-house designed (FP) network processors. This advanced chipset, not only delivers the multi-gigabit speed that is required by high-end mobile users but also the quality of experience expected with advanced QoS and network application optimization capabilities.
Through the implementation of 3GPP Control/User Plane Separation (CUPS) architecture, the 7750 SR Mobile Gateway can cost-effectively forward user data while session management and signalling control is independently handled by virtual 5G Core control functions.
For 4G and 2G/3G radio access networks (RANs), the 7750 SR mobile gateway supports the Serving Gateway (SGW), PDN Gateway (PGW) and/or Gateway GPRS Support Node (GGSN) functions, either separately or in combination.
Non-3GPP network access
As an ePDG, the 7750 SR Mobile Gateway gives operators the ability to expand their presence by providing delivery of mobile packet services over untrusted network access, including residential, public and enterprise Wi-Fi hotspots. It provides session continuity when moving from cellular to untrusted non-3GPP networks and supports a range of authentication mechanisms.
When deployed as a TWAG, the 7750 SR Mobile Gateway supports the interworking and session continuity between the mobile packet core and trusted Wi-Fi radio access networks (Wi-Fi RAN) with capabilities that include 3GPP network access, secure authentication, and RAN encryption.
In 5G, the 7750 SR Mobile Gateway supports N3IWF, providing authentication and authorization over non-3GPP access networks providing a secure connection between the user equipment and the 5G Core.
Subscriber Services Gateway
- The Nokia 7750 SR Mobile Gateway can also be optionally deployed as an SSG providing a broad range of functions and applications in the mobile core or for fixed/mobile operators on the Gi/SGi LAN interface. Applications include: traffic detection function (TDF), converged access policy and charging, service chaining and steering, video and radio access network (RAN) optimizations, and value-added, opt-in services such as parental-control.
Benefits and features
Simplify your network and reduce costs
- With a common Core network platform and software operating system supporting:
- 3GPP multi-access connectivity (licensed, unlicensed, shared)
- non-3GPP access (trusted and untrusted) o Policy and Charging Enforcement Function (PCEF)
- Traffic Detection Function (TDF)
- Security (IPSec) Gateway
- Unified operations with common Core network management across physical and virtual functions with Network Services Platform (NSP)
Deliver optimized mobile broadband services to generate new revenues
- Enhance user’s experience with advanced QoS capabilities (classification, filtering, charging, accounting) leveraging Nokia’s FP network silicon
- High-touch (layer 3-7) data plane processing with Nokia Application Assurance (AA) providing application and subscriber-level policy and enforcement
- Fixed-mobile convergence with Broadband Network Gateway (BNG) interoperability for residential service and Provider Edge (PE) capability for VPN enterprise services
Flexibly grow and evolve your mobile network
- Proven technology to scale broadband mobile services with no performance degradation across massive number of IP service packet flows
- Flexibility to support the evolution to network functions virtualization (NFV) and cloud architectures with a virtualized mobile gateway control-plane function.
The challenges facing service providers
CSPs are on their way to 5G. They need a clear evolution path and a solution that enables:
- Extreme performance for investment optimization
- Multi access (2G/3G/4G/5G) and fixed for improved services offer
- Any cloud flexibility to explore new business opportunities